This site provides information about the NYS Department of Civil Service Eligible List Management System (ELMS).
ELMS Online is provided for informational purposes only.
Agencies cannot use ELMS Online to obtain eligible lists or certifications for the purpose of making appointments.
Under the menu item My Information, there are four options. For each option, you will first see the Log-In Screen (if not logged in already) where you will be required to log-in using your Civil Service ID. The Log-In screen will allow you to create a Civil Service ID, if you do not yet have one.
- Contact: the contact information we have in our system about you.
- Lists: a listing of all active or recently expired Eligible Lists on which your name appears.
- Score Notices: a listing of score notices for all active or recently expired Eligible Lists on which your name appears.
- Preferences: a listing of all Eligible Lists for which you can change your work and location preferences.
To view Eligible Lists, click on the menu item Lists and select from the following options:
- By List Number: a listing of all Eligible Lists currently in the ELMS, in list number order.
- By List Name: a listing of all Eligible Lists currently in the ELMS, in list name order.
- By Job Title: an alphabetic listing of Job Titles that are filled from current Eligible Lists.
From each of these initial screens you can view an Eligible List by following the directions on the screen.
On some pages, there are links to additional information related to the Eligible List you are viewing.
ELMS does not contain information about certain kinds of eligible lists. For Decentralized Examinations/Lists, resulting from examinations decentralized to (conducted by) another agency, contact the agency to which you submitted your examination application. For information regarding Managed Placement lists, call the phone number for that list number on the Managed Placement Lists page.