News and Notifications
This area is designed to keep you up-to-date on information that is important to you as a current, future or retired employee of New York State.
- Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) and Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) Exam Candidates
- Time Allowance for the Written Test: The time allowance for the written test is 3 Hours. Please refer to corrected information in the updated test guide on the Department website at: http://www.cs.ny.gov/testing/statetestguides.cfm
- Email Address: Keep your email address current in our systems as we send important notices to applicants. To change your email address, log in at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/home/myaccount/
- Contact Information: For questions or problems, contact the PCO Exam Team at: PCO@cs.ny.gov
- Change in Disabled Veteran Credit Eligibility
Article 5, section 6 of the New York State Constitution was amended to entitle veterans who have used veterans’ credits for a Civil Service appointment or promotion and who were/are subsequently certified as being a disabled veteran by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, to additional credits for a subsequent appointment or promotion. This Constitutional amendment, which is effective January 1, 2014, provides additional veteran credits to veterans who used non-disabled veterans' credits to obtain a civil service appointment or promotion with New York State or a local government, and, subsequent to such appointment are determined by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to be a qualified disabled veteran, as defined in the New York State Civil Service Law. For more detailed information, please visit http://www.cs.ny.us/vetcredits/