Your Nursing Career with NYS
To submit contact information to the New York State Department of Civil Service Nurse Recruitment Unit, please complete the Nurse Information Form and include your professional licensure and personal mailing address information. Staff from our Recruitment Unit will then contact you to provide information on filing for RN and LPN positions with various New York State government agencies. If you are a current college student with a nursing major, we may know of part-time work or internships for which you qualify.
If you can provide us with a resume, it will speed up the process, as our staff will then know for which titles you already qualify. You can send it to us in any of the following ways:
- Paste it to our Nurse Information Form - (in text form only)
- E-mail it (in WORD DOCUMENT FORMAT) to NYSNurseRecruiter@cs.state.ny.us
- Fax it to (518) 457-3090 Attn:NYS Nurse Recruiter
- Mail it to the New York State Department of Civil Service, Recruitment Unit, 80 South Swan Street, Albany NY 12239
For information on Employee Benefits available to all New York State employees and other reasons
why you should consider joining us here in New York State government, review the
available on the Governor's Office of Employee Relations web site.
To Begin the Process:
- To have our Recruitment staff contact you, please provide the required information on the Nurse Information Form; or,
- If you prefer to view the current examination announcements you can visit our "Continuous Recruitment Examinations Open to all Qualified Individuals" page. The required (Form NYS-APP) can be printed out and submitted. You can also request the NYS-APP form by e-mail: NYSNurseRecruiter@cs.state.ny.us or call us at 518-473-5081.
Thank you for your interest in New York State Nursing Jobs!