The Public Information Office (PIO) is the central office for communication at the New York State Department of Civil Service. We lead the effort to promote Department programs, communicate issues, facilitate answers and share accomplishments with the public and the media.
In addition, we also coordinate responses to inquiries under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and administer the distribution of eligible lists.
- Press Releases, both recent and archived, issued by the Department of Civil Service
- Guides to reductions in force
- More veterans may qualify for exam preference
- Archived Reports
- Publications issued by the Department of Civil Service. Topics include State careers, workers with disabilities programs, improvements to the State civil service system, as well as background on the nationally known Civil Service Mural.
- FAQs about the Freedom of Information Act
- Qualified Personal Service Contracts (QPSC)
- Employee Benefits Division Contracts - Public Documents
- Agency Contracts - Public Documents
- Committee on Open Government
- List of Records(115KB)
- Email a FOIL Request to the Department of Civil Service
Civil Service Laws and Rules
New York Codes, Rules, and Regulations (NYCRR)
- The complete unofficial NYCRR is now available online.
- View New York State Eligible Lists and related information
- Additional information on eligible lists.
Contact the Public Information OfficeNYS Department of Civil Service
Albany, NY 12239
Phone: 518- 457-9375
Fax: 518- 473-2372
Reporters and members of the media: Please call the Public Information Office at 518-457-9375.