Affirmative Action Technical Assistance
In support of state agency Affirmative Action Officers and Human Resources staff, the Diversity Planning and Management (DPM) staff in the Division of Staffing Services provide technical assistance as follows:
- Monitors the affirmative action plans and progress of state agencies, and provides technical assistance, training and recommendations pertaining to the achievement of diversity in the New York State government workforce in accordance with Executive Order 6.
- Assists with, or provides oversight in the coordination of the state's equal employment opportunity/affirmative action programs.
- Addresses a broad spectrum of issues related to the employment, retention, advancement, and training of employees.
- Assigned staff functions as primary contact with state agency contacts concerning select aspects of the equal employment opportunity/diversity management programs.
- Provides listing of Community based organizations and contacts.
- Coordinates the collection of race, ethnicity, gender (DAC-100) and disability data (DAC-325) for state and federal reporting purposes.
DPM staff are assigned to the state agencies in their sections.