Employee Suggestion Program
The Suggestion Process
- Employee completes and submits their suggestion. The suggester will receive their suggestion number by e-mail.
- The suggestion is reviewed for eligibility and originality by the NYS Employee Suggestion Program. If the suggestion is eligible and original, it is referred to the appropriate agency suggestion committee for evaluation. Ineligible and non-original suggestions are identified as such and the suggester is notified.
- The agency suggestion committee refers each suggestion to the appropriate program area and the suggestion is evaluated. The committee reviews the evaluator's recommendation, determines whether the suggestion should be implemented and if so, makes an award recommendation. The committee's recommendation is forwarded to the NYS Employee Suggestion Program.
- The agency suggestion committee's recommendation is reviewed by New York State Employee Suggestion Program. Approved recommendations are forwarded to the Civil Service Commission for final review and determination.
- Suggesters are notified appropriately.