- Starting Salary:
- $63,250* based on qualifications and increases for certain shifts and geographic locations
- *Starting salaries in specific counties may be significantly increased based on geographic area pay differentials, union negotiated location pay, and increased minimum salaries based on recruitment difficulties or additional training and experience. Once you are contacted regarding an opportunity for an appointment, you will be provided with more specific salary information.
- Many locations throughout the State
- As a Physician Assistant, under the supervision of a qualified physician, you would assist the physician in diagnosis and treatment of clients. You would perform routine medical examinations on clients; write prescriptions and submit them to the physician for countersignature; order standard laboratory and x-ray procedures; and evaluate laboratory tests. When necessary, you would refer abnormal findings to the physician; initiate proper treatment for emergency cases; and contact the physician for further assistance. You may also perform employee health examinations.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- At the time of filing application, you must be registered as a Physician Assistant by the New York State Education Department or possess a limited permit to practice as a Physician Assistant in New York State. For information on how to obtain New York State registration, contact the NYS Education Department, Division of Professional Licensing Services, Medicine Unit, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234-1000; or call (518) 474-3817, ext. 280; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are appointed with a limited permit, you have one year from the date your permit was issued to obtain your registration. Failure to do so will result in revocation of your appointment.
If you would like to have an application and/or announcement mailed to you, call (518) 457-6216, or E-mail us at: email@example.com
If, after you have read the announcement, you would like further information on the duties and/or qualifications for this job call (518) 473-9725.