No College or Higher Education Required
- Direct Support Assistant Trainee »
- Helping individuals with developmental disabilities lead richer lives. Under supervision, you would provide supports and services which involve advocating for, encouraging, guiding and teaching individuals in expressing personal choice, ensuring community integration, assisting individuals with personal hygiene care, toileting, lifts and transfers, dining, dressing, and meal preparation. To learn more about what direct support professionals do on the job every day, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnK4z3KAqtE.
- Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee »
- Assisting in the habilitation and care of individuals with developmental disabilities living in an OPWDD secure unit. You would be responsible for providing these individuals with a safe and secure environment and assisting in the implementation of their habilitation plan. To learn more about what direct support professionals do on the job every day, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnK4z3KAqtEe.
- Food Service Worker »
- Please be advised that the examination for Food Service Worker has been canceled effective January 19, 2017. Applications will no longer be accepted.
- Information Technology Specialist »
- Positions in IT requiring one-year work experience or an advanced degree.
- Medical Assistant »
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program or a limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State or Licensed Practical Nurse certification.
- Mental Health Therapy Aide »| Mental Health Therapy Aide Trainee»
- Providing direct services, treatment, rehabilitation and support to individuals diagnosed with mental illness that receive services in an institutional or community-based setting.
- Optometric Technician »
- One year of apprenticeship under a Licensed Ophthalmic Dispenser, Optician, Optometrist or Ophthalmologist.
- Plant Utilities Assistant »
- Assist in the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment providing heat, hot water, ventilation, air conditioning and electrical distribution in a safe and efficient manner.
- Service and Repair Mechanic (Motor Equipment) »
- Diagnose and correct the causes of faulty vehicle and equipment operation.
Service & Repair Mechanic (Motor Equipment) is a new title that has replaced the title of Motor Equipment Mechanic
Construction Inspector »
- Assist in monitoring and inspecting construction projects during the construction season.
- Verbatim Reporter »
- Take verbatim records at hearings, formal meetings and conferences by parties of interest.