No College or Higher Education Required
- Direct Support Assistant Trainee »
- Helping individuals with developmental disabilities lead richer lives - these positions are physically demanding. You would need to be prepared to act to ensure the health and safety of individuals in emergency situations. You must be able to do such things as stand, bend, stretch, and lift bedridden and/or incapacitated individuals. To learn more about what direct support professionals do on the job every day, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnK4z3KAqtE.
- Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee »
- Assist in the habilitation and care of individuals with developmental disabilities living in an OPWDD secure unit. To learn more about what direct support professionals do on the job every day, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnK4z3KAqtEe.
- Food Service Worker »
- Please be advised that the examination for Food Service Worker has been canceled effective January 19, 2017. Applications will no longer be accepted.
- Information Technology Specialist »
- Positions in IT requiring one-year work experience or an advanced degree.
- Medical Office Assistant »
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program or a limited permit to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State or Licensed Practical Nurse certification.
- Motor Equipment Mechanic »
- Diagnose and correct the causes of faulty vehicle and equipment operation.
- Optometric Technician »
- One year of apprenticeship under a Licensed Ophthalmic Dispenser, Optician, Optometrist or Ophthalmologist.
Utilities Assistant »
- Assist in the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment providing heat, hot water, ventilation, air conditioning and electrical distribution in a safe and efficient manner.
- Public Work Wage Investigator »
- Please be advised that Examination Number 20-132, Public Work Wage Investigator has been canceled effective February 1, 2014. Applications will no longer be accepted.
Construction Inspector »
- Assist in monitoring and inspecting construction projects during the construction season.
- Verbatim Reporter »
- Take verbatim records at hearings, formal meetings and conferences by parties of interest.