New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP)
The New York State Health Insurance Program (NYSHIP) was established in 1957 for State employees. The next year, NYSHIP opened to local governments and school districts. Now, more than 50 years later, NYSHIP is one of the largest public employer health insurance programs in the country. NYSHIP protects over 1.2 million State and local government employees, retirees and their families.
- Interested in Joining NYSHIP?
- If you are a NYS public employer, learn why more than 800 local government entities have already joined NYSHIP. They count on the dependability and financial stability that come from NYSHIP's size, experience and $4.7 billion annual premium.
- PA/PE Resource Center
- Current topics of interest to NYSHIP Participating Agencies (PAs) and Participating Employers (PEs)
- NYSHIP Online
- Access complete online information about your health and other employee benefits, tailored to your employee group.
- HBA Online
- An online administrative resource for agency Health Benefit Administrators (HBAs). User ID and password required. (Login Help)