Professional Career Opportunities - Job Title Details
Utility Analyst 1 (Telecommunications), G-18
Service Regulation and Compliance
Utility Analysts (Telecommunications) provide regulatory oversight of the telecommunications industry. Employees perform a broad range of analytical and regulatory tasks relevant to that function. These positions are located in the Department of Public Service.
Who has this title?
You must meet the requirements below to qualify for this title.
Bachelor's or higher degree and two years of experience dealing with telecommunications (telephone, internet, or video) in one of the following areas:
- Telecommunications policy analysis or review;
- Review of federal and state telecommunications rulemakings;
- Review of Telecommunications service quality performance, network reliability, or financing;
- Review of Telecommunications systems & services;
- Review or performance of Telecommunications customer service in a professional or problem-solving capacity.
NOTE: Experience in telephone installation and repair, experience as a telephone or switchboard operator, or telecommunications experience limited to broadcast radio and television is NOT considered qualifying.
Candidates may also be appointed to a traineeship to this job title from the PCO eligible list. See the Generalist Job Titles description for more information. For further appointment information, see the Appointments tab in the PCO Overview.
To apply for the examination for this PCO Select Job Title you must apply for the PCO examination by February 22, 2017, fill out and submit the PCO Questionnaire by April 5, 2017, and take the PCO written test in April of 2017. The application for and information about the PCO examination is at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/pco/.