Professional Career Opportunities - Job Title Details
Workforce Programs Specialist 1, G-18
Health and Human Services
Workforce Program Specialists implement, develop, maintain, promote, and monitor workforce development and training programs, occupational safety and health training, employment related tax incentives, and related programs. Employees provide technical direction and oversight to various parties regarding workforce development funding programs, and may also operate and/or supervise the delivery of direct client employment services. These positions are located in the Department of Labor.
Who has this title?
You must meet the requirements below to qualify for this title.
Bachelor's or higher degree and two years of professional experience where your duties involved assisting unemployed or under-employed individuals in obtaining and maintaining employment while performing one or more of the following activities:
- Developing and implementing plans for proposals to deliver workforce development and training programs;
- Evaluating, monitoring or administering workforce development and training programs;
- Managing contracts and budgets for workforce development and training programs, which must include development, negotiation, execution, fiscal management and monitoring or program review;
- Determining eligibility for public assistance; or
- Assessing applicants for, or receipts of, welfare employment program benefits to identify and remove barriers to self-sufficiency.
Candidates may also be appointed to a traineeship to this job title from the PCO eligible list. See the Generalist Job Titles description for more information. For further appointment information, see the Appointments tab in the PCO Overview.
To apply for the examination for this PCO Select Job Title you must apply for the PCO examination by February 22, 2017, fill out and submit the PCO Questionnaire by April 5, 2017, and take the PCO written test in April of 2017. The application for and information about the PCO examination is at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/pco/.