How to Conduct a Job Interview
Planning the Interview
- Know the job.
- Identify the information you will need from each candidate.
- Outline the interview as you would like it to proceed and
consider the following topics to be covered during the interview:
- work experience
- outside interests
- Develop a form or standardized format to use during the interview.
- Schedule the interviews.
- Send written notification to the candidates.
- Review candidates' personal history forms/resumes.
Conducting the Interview
- Introduce yourself and try to make the candidate feel at ease.
- Review the candidate's application/resume with the candidate.
- Describe the job/position.
- Ask candidate for self-assessment.
- Provide clarification for candidate.
- Explain to candidate what happens next and then close the interviews.