Workforce and Succession Planning
Assessing Retention Risk Factors
Assessing retention risk allows managers to prioritize their talent vulnerability and provides insight in to mitigation strategies.
In assessing Key Person or Key Position risk and understanding the associated risk factors, some issues to evaluate are:
- Is there a ...
- Difficulty in retaining employees due to factors such as environment, job stressors, wage/shift issues, travel, etc.
- A high degree of turnover for any reason
- Perceived lack of a promotional career ladder or developmental opportunities
- History of difficulty in attracting qualified candidates, internally or externally, despite your best recruitment efforts
- High-demand occupations
- New employees or those in transition (e.g., between educational experiences)
- Aging workforce may choose retire or begin new careers