Workforce and Succession Planning
Sample Measurement Criteria
- Percent of staff with IDPs
- Number of successful promotions into 'key positions'
- Percent of open positions/key positions filled
- Percent of key person/position turnover
As you prepare for the next planning cycle, take some time to evaluate how your initial plan worked and assess whether or not you established metrics and milestones that accurately measured your success in achieving your objectives. Also consider:
- Has the strategic plan or other operational plans changed since the beginning of your effort? If so, what are the implications for the strategies implemented?
- Have the strategies implemented achieved the intended results? What worked well? What didn't? What changes would you like to make to the planning process?
- To what extent have your assessments of the demand for talent vs. the availability of talent projections been borne out? Is a new analysis necessary before revising the strategies? What adjustments to the strategies are needed?