Occ. Code 0104600
INVESTMENT SYSTEMS MANAGER, M-2
New York State Department of Civil Service
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
This position oversees the State treasurys investment management system by implementing risk control measures, policies, procedures, and reporting requirements that maximize the efficiency of the system while minimizing risk. This position assists in managing an investment portfolio within prescribed statutory limitations by executing and monitoring technological enhancements to meet investment objectives and optimizing investment portfolio performance.
This position is classified only in the Department of Taxation and Finance.
INVESTMENT SYSTEMS MANAGER: non-competitive, one-position; manager; oversees the New York State treasury investment management system to ensure system integrity and investment portfolio security.
INVESTMENT SYSTEMS MANAGER: under the general direction of the Director Investments and Cash Management, assists in the management of the Investments and Cash Management Bureau to ensure statutorily mandated fiduciary responsibilities are handled in accordance with treasurys internal investment policy.
· Oversees implementation and maintenance of the investment management system, including contracting with vendors.
· Develops processes for the system as necessary, and ensures staff is trained and familiar with system functionality, system data entry, and the upload of portfolio information into the system as required.
· Develops process and provides guidance on creating and maintaining reports.
· Implements operating techniques to take advantage of new technological enhancements in banking and investing systems.
· Participates in the management of an investment portfolio within prescribed statutory and policy requirements, and effectively executes transactions to meet investment objectives.
· Develops cash flow forecasting tools to optimize both liquidity and investment performance.
· Prepares comprehensive reports detailing investment activity, portfolio performance, and status of custodial accounts.
· Monitors the financial stability of all banks and brokerage services employed by Treasury to ensure no capital risk is assumed by the State.
· Supervises staff, and establishes work plans and objectives for staff within the Investments & Cash Management Bureau.
INVESTMENT SYSTEMS MANAGER
Non-Competitive: bachelors degree in accounting, business, or finance and six years of relevant work experience in accounting, auditing, finance, budgeting, and/or investing. A masters degree in business administration may substitute for two years of experience, and designation as a Certified Public Accountant may substitute for an additional year of the required experience.
NOTE: Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by a class. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Classification Standard was written. Please contact the Division of Staffing Services for current information on minimum qualifications requirements for appointment or examination.