Occ. Code 6533700
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR COMMITTEE ON OPEN GOVERNMENT, M-2
New York State Department of Civil Service
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
The position assists the Executive Director and Committee on Open Government to advise the government, public, and news media on Freedom of Information, Open Meetings, and Personal Privacy Protection Laws. This position is classified only at the Department of State.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR COMMITTEE ON OPEN GOVERNMENT: one position class; under the general direction of an Executive Director, NS, exempt, provides legal research, guidance, and opinions to the Committee on Open Government, government entities, and interested groups in regard to Freedom of Information, Open Meetings, and Personal Privacy Protection Laws.
· Conducts legal research and analysis responses to requests for legal opinions, guidance, and interpretations informing the use and release of government information.
· Educates and trains staff on the requirements of Freedom of Information, Open Meeting, and Personal Privacy Protection Laws, and develops materials for and conducts educational outreach seminars, workshops and presentations.
· Surveys groups to determine what resources are required to better meet the requirements for Freedom of Information, Open Meeting, and Personal Privacy Protection Laws.
· Prepares legislation on Freedom of Information, Open Meeting, and Personal Privacy Protection Laws.
· Analyzes, researches and prepares position papers on the impact of proposed changes to Freedom of Information, Open Meeting, and Personal Privacy Protection Laws.
· Prepares portions of the Committee on Open Governments annual report to the Governor and Legislature.
Promotion: one year of permanent competitive service as a Senior Attorney.
NOTE: Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by a class. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Classification Standard was written. Please contact the Division of Staffing Services for current information on minimum qualification requirements for appointment or examination.