Occ. Code 6655700
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR DIVISION OF CEMETERIES, M-1
New York State Department of Civil Service
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
The Assistant Director Division of Cemeteries assists the Director of Cemeteries to develop cemetery administrative procedures and directs the day to day operation and administration of the Division of Cemeteries staff that oversees the operation of New York cemeteries incorporated under the States Not-for-Profit Corporation Law.
This position is classified only at the Department of State.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR DIVISION OF CEMETERIES: one position class; under the general direction of the Director Division of Cemeteries, supervises professional, paraprofessional, and clerical staff at Division administrative offices located throughout New York State.
· Oversees investigative staff review of cemetery operational or accounting irregularities identified by staff, or complaints made by the public.
· Initiates, supervises and participates in cemetery complainant interviews and investigations.
· Confers with cemetery officials on possible solutions to staff concerns and public complaints.
· Reviews and approves final staff reports and resolution proposals.
· Visits and reviews Division regional offices to discuss and resolve operational and policy issues and to review projects and staff performance metrics.
· Recommends changes to policy, standards and procedures to the Director, Division of Cemeteries and to the Cemetery Board.
· Prepares studies, reports and recommendations to the Director, Division of Cemeteries and to the Cemetery Board.
Promotion: one year of permanent service as an Associate Accountant or two years of permanent service as an Investigator 2.
NOTE: Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by a class. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Classification Standard was written. Please contact the Division of Staffing Services for current information on minimum qualification requirements for appointment or examination.