Occ. Code 7925050
CORRECTIONAL INDUSTRIES MARKETING ASSISTANT, GRADE 18
New York State Department of Civil Service
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
Positions in this class implement, evaluate and promote the Corcraft sales program in the Division of Correctional Industries within the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS). Incumbents assist in new product research and development initiatives; and coordinate the development of the divisions promotional materials and displays.
CORRECTIONAL INDUSTRIES MARKETING ASSISTANT: full-performance level; positions provide marketing support to Corcrafts Marketing and Sales Unit and Correctional Industries Program.
Lottery Marketing Specialists implement, evaluate, and promote the States lottery sales program. Positions work on programs associated with lottery corporate account business and regional media promotions and development. Lottery Marketing Specialists ensure targeted regional lottery sales goals are met and lottery programs are further enhanced and developed to support additional growth.
Develop various marketing initiatives in accordance with yearly marketing and sales goals and objectives.
· Maintain existing relationships with customers, and develop new sales opportunities with sales staff by implementing various marketing programs/strategies including e-marketing campaigns and promotional giveaways.
· Ensure all marketing and sales activities are consistent with governing laws and agency procedures.
· Develop and maintain customer contact lists with sales staff.
· Conduct market research and develop pricing recommendations as required for new products.
· Develop product displays for use at trade shows, conferences, conventions, seminars and training sessions, and participate in the event.
· Answer inquiries from the public concerning the divisions product/service offerings.
· Represent Corcraft at conferences and trade show events.
· Develop and maintain content for marketing collateral, websites/social media and other initiatives, and update product information on the divisions website with sales staff.
· Proofread, rewrite and edit documents for style, content and conformity to agency standards and policy.
· Schedule in-house and on location photography.
· Enter product information into content management software.
Non-competitive: six years of related marketing experience; or an associates degree and four years of related marketing experience; or a bachelors degree and two years of related marketing experience.
NOTE: Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe. Standards cannot and do not include all the work that might be appropriately performed by a class. The minimum qualifications above are those required for appointment at the time the Classification Standard was written. Please contact the Division of Staffing Services for current information on minimum qualification requirements for appointment or examination.