Occ. Code 8341600
SUPERVISOR REHABILITATION SERVICES, GRADE 23
New York State Department of Civil Service
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
Positions in this class are responsible for the overall development, management, supervision, and coordination of the various components within a single specific rehabilitation program area such as psychosocial support, competency training, vocational services, or residential programs. Incumbents of these positions are responsible for direct supervision of rehabilitation and other staff engaged in performing duties related to the specific program area.
are located at the Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Office for People with
Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD).
OMH and OMRDD are responsible for the total care of individuals with mental
illness or developmental or intellectual disabilities and perform various
duties and functions in conjunction with the overall operation of a facility
and/or location to which they are assigned.
Supervisor, rehabilitation services: supervisory; develop, manage, supervise, and coordinate various components within a single specific rehabilitation program.
Manage all components of a facility rehabilitation program, address the individuals needs, and ensure that the program services are active, varied, and reflect the individuals needs as documented in assessments, treatment, and discharge plans.
- Provide services that are culturally relevant for individual and language assistance services according to agency policy.
- Ensure that program services incorporate the principles and technologies of psychiatric rehabilitation, including the quality and effectiveness of delivered program services provided by trained and competent staff.
- Ensure compliance of all programs with regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with agency policy and Mental Hygiene Law.
- Act as a liaison to other program managers on policies and issues related to rehabilitation services and maintain proper communications within the facility on these issues.
- Schedule, chair, and keep recordings of all meetings required for this discipline.
- Attend and prepare all materials related to the credentialing committee reviews.
- Interpret and utilize statistical data in support of organizational projects and goals.
- Use sound methodology when designing and/or implementing continuous monitoring and performance improvement projects.
- Give expert advice on issues related to rehabilitation services and make educational presentations to staff members.
Ensure that all Rehabilitation Services Programs are responsible to individuals, families, and allied service providers, where appropriate.
- Provide for the necessary working agreements with allied providers.
- Ensure that mechanisms are established which facilitate improved staff interactions with families and patients/individuals with disabilities.
- Solve problems and conflicts that arise between the facility and service providers, and ensure purchasing procedures are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the efforts of rehabilitation programs and ensure that they are based on the needs of the patient/individual with disabilities.
- May complete comprehensive vocational assessments for individuals with disabilities.
- Engineer and ensure individually tailored training contexts and objectives are met.
Supervise subordinate staff.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and oversight to subordinate staff, and intervene and resolve problems as necessary.
- Determine and oversee staff assignments.
- Approve leave and track time and attendance.
- Review, monitor, and evaluate staff performance.
- Complete performance evaluations.
- Identify training needs and arrange for provision of training.
- Manage and direct program activities by setting priorities and deadlines.
- Manage overtime expenditures.
- Ensure that program and hospital policies are communicated to and followed by all program staff.
Demonstrate effective working relationships with other program directors, discipline chiefs and other department heads.
- Maintain open and proactive lines of communication with other departments and programs to resolve conflicts.
- Participate in senior management and operations meetings.
- Review current programs and design and plan new programs as necessary. Implement executive decisions and assure that policies and procedures are practiced. Lead various ad hoc committees, task forces, and special projects as assigned.
Promotion: one year of permanent competitive service as a Rehabilitation Counselor 2 (all parenthetics).
NOTE: Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by a class. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Classification Standard was written. Please contact the Division of Staffing Services for current information on minimum qualification requirements for appointment or examination.
Supervisor, rehabilitation services (vocational)
Perform all of the duties of a Supervisor, Rehabilitation Services, with a concentration on vocational rehabilitation. Incumbents facilitate worksite assignments and individual review meetings with vocational staff; coordinate and facilitate review meetings to review the individuals admissions and progress; act as a liaison with the business office and community-based mental health agencies; and manage data related to vocational programs (referrals, admissions, transition to competitive employment).
Promotion: one year of permanent competitive service as a Rehabilitation Counselor 2 (all parenthetics); or Workshop Specialist.