Occ. Code 8627600
DIRECTOR DHSES GRANTS FUNDING, M-4
New York State Department of Civil Service
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
This position directs all program planning and contract administration activities of the Grants Program Administration (GPA) group.
This position is classified only at the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES).
One position class; under the general direction of executive staff, directs all activities of the GPA group including the management and supervision of staff and resources.
Director Office Funding & Program Assistance is a one position class found at the Division of Criminal Justice Services. Under the general direction of executive staff, directs all activities of the Office of Program Development and Funding including the administration and management of local grant contracts.
· Directs program planning and contract administration activities including the supervision of staff working with local and State agencies in the development and presentation of grant applications.
· Directs Federal Department of Homeland Security Grant funding requirements and guidance strategies for State and local agencies to assist them in meeting State and federal compliance standards.
· Develops policy and formulates long range strategic policy planning.
· Oversees the preparation of annual plans and submittal of required reports.
· Facilitates collaboration between executive staff, the Governors Office, and federal, State and local agencies.
· Represents executive staff in meetings, on regional committees and project groups.
· Performs special assignments as directed by executive staff.
Promotion: one year of permanent competitive service as a Criminal Justice Program Representative 5.
NOTE: Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the classes they describe. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by a class. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Classification Standard was written. Please contact the Division of Staffing Services for current information on minimum qualification requirements for appointment or examination.