The following policies apply to all eligible lists and reemployment
- Eligibles must be given two business days to reply.
- You must actually speak to the eligible. It is not sufficient to
leave a message on an answering machine or to speak with anyone other
than the eligible. If you cannot contact the eligible by telephone
you must send a canvass letter.
- Telephone canvasses must include all the same information as would
be provided for on the canvass letter. For example, the type of appointment,
the type of employment, the location (county) of the position, and
for trainee titles, the title and salary grade of the journey level
- Eligibles must be told the effect the declination will have on
their eligibility. If they are on a reemployment list you should,
in addition, refer them to their copy of "Information for State
Employees Affected by Layoff" and/or the Reemployment Services
Unit of this department.
- Eligibles who decline on the telephone must be sent a confirming
letter. Master copies of letters to confirm telephone declinations
for eligible lists and reemployment lists are available from this
department and must be used.
Return to Top ^