HR Professional Home


SPMM Search

Recently Issued

General Information Bulletins

0000 Introduction

0200 Roles & Responsibilities

0400 Affirmative Action

0600 Jurisdictional Classification

0800 Classification & Compensation

1000 Recruitment

1200 Examinations

1400 Eligible Lists

1600 Interviewing & Hiring

1800 Appointments

2000 Probation

2200 Separations & Leaves

2300 Reductions
in Force

2400 Training & Development

2600 Employee Services

2800 Automated Position and Personnel System

3000 Appendix


State Personnel Management Manual
Advisory Memorandum # 90-06

1800 Appointments
March 12, 1990

TO: Department and Agency Personnel and Affirmative Offices
FROM: Robert Parrish, Director Division of Staffing Services
SUBJECT: Reconstructed Seniority Dates
DATE: 3/12/90

This is a reminder that you should be notifying us whenever a former permanent employee reenters State Service and a reconstructed seniority date is necessary.

General Information Bulletin No. 85-08, issued October 15, 1985, provided agency
personnel offices with procedures for, and examples of, reconstructed seniority date

Briefly, the Bulletin stated that all employees with previous permanent status in the
classified service who are being permanently reappointed in the State service shall have their seniority dates reconstructed. To accomplish this, form S-202, 'Request for Reconstructed Seniority Date" must be completed by the appropriate agency personnel office. This applies to such former employees who are...

  • appointed from open-competitive eligible lists, or
  • reinstated to positions in the competitive class, or
  • appointed to positions in the non-competitive class,

...on a permanent or a contingent permanent basis.

For all such appointments (this is a change from the 1985 procedures) of former permanent employees send the form S-202, with Part I completed, to the Employment Records Section of this Department at the same time you send in the PR-75. The form will be returned to you with Part II filled out once the PR-75 has been approved.

You should write [or call (518) 457-4496] our Mail & Supply Unit for a supply of form S-202.

Return to Top ^