HR Professional Home


SPMM Search

Recently Issued

General Information Bulletins

0000 Introduction

0200 Roles & Responsibilities

0400 Affirmative Action

0600 Jurisdictional Classification

0800 Classification & Compensation

1000 Recruitment

1200 Examinations

1400 Eligible Lists

1600 Interviewing & Hiring

1800 Appointments

2000 Probation

2200 Separations & Leaves

2300 Reductions
in Force

2400 Training & Development

2600 Employee Services

2800 Automated Position and Personnel System

3000 Appendix


State Personnel Management Manual
Advisory Memorandum # 99-06

1850 (G) Employment of Retired Public Employees
December 22, 1999

T0: Department and Agency Personnel, Human Resource and Affirmative Action Offices

FROM: Nicholas J. Vagianelis, Director of Commission Operations and
James W. Sever, Director of Staffing Services

SUBJECT: Request to Employ Retired Public Employees Pursuant to Section 211 of the New York State Retirement and Social Security Law

The Department of Civil Service is streamlining the process for submitting requests to employ retired public employees pursuant to Section 211 of the New York State Retirement and Social Security Law. Effective beginning with materials for consideration at the January 2000 Civil Service Commission meeting, you should send this type of request directly to the Office of Civil Service Commission Operations. It is no longer necessary to send these requests to your Staffing Services Representative.

Form CSC-1, used for Section 211 requests, has been updated slightly. Section A, B, C, D, and E remain essentially the same. You should send in three copies of the original form instead of four. Instructions for preparation and submission are on the back of CSC-1.

Enclosed are revised copies of the Form CSC-1 dated December 1999. [Not enclosed here] You may photocopy the form or you can download it from the Department of Civil Service Website. [Coming soon; not yet available] Please recycle form CSC-1 dated 4/95.

In all other respects, the processing of this request remains the same. Questions can be directed to Al Jordan of the Office of Commission Operations at (518) 457-2575.

Return to Top ^