by Policy Bulletin 03-02
Processing Declinations from Agency Reduction Transfer
Managed Placement Referrals
This bulletin applies only to the managed placement process and not
the normal Agency Reduction Transfer List certification process as described
in Policy Bulletin 96-06
in this section.
All declinations resulting from referrals made by the Civil Service
Employee Services Office (ESO) for Section 78 transfers shall be treated
as transfer list declinations for the position. This includes refusal
of an interview, failure to appear for an interview and refusal to accept
a Section 78 appointment. Please use the following procedures and attached
form to process declinations from Section 78 referrals:
- Confirm the candidate meets the minimum qualifications for the job.
In most cases, the Civil Service ESO will have already done this.
The Civil Service ESO will arrange for further review if necessary.
- Contact the candidate to discuss the position and schedule the interview.
- If the candidate declines the interview or declines the position
- Discuss the effects of the declination using the wording in the
Agency Reduction Transfer Referral System Confirmation of Declination
letter. [Copies enclosed with this bulletin for Agency Personnel Offices
only. Note this does not replace the confirmation of declination
letter which must continue to be used with Agency Reduction Transfer
- Inform the candidate that you will send him/her the letter confirming
- Complete the declination letter, mail the original to the candidate,
fax a copy to the Civil Service ESO at (518) 457-9430, and retain
a copy for your records.
- If the candidate fails to appear for the interview, send the declination
letter to the candidate, fax a copy to the Civil Service ESO at (518)
457-9430, and retain a copy for your records.
- The Civil Service ESO will process the declination so it will affect
future certifications and referrals for the candidate.
Questions on this referral process should be directed to the Civil
Service ESO at (518) 485-6199.
Questions on the normal ARTL process should continue to be referred
to the Employment Continuity List Unit at (518) 457-9428.
Return to Top ^