Health Benefits Administrator (HBA Online)
HBA Online is a secure website for New York State and participating local government human resources professionals. HBA Online contains employee benefits information and relevant benefits administration publications. Authorized users must have a user ID and a password to access HBA Online.
You may be authorized to access HBA Online if you serve in one of the following roles:
- New York State Agency Health Benefits Administrator or Human Resource Professional
- New York State Participating Employer Health Benefits Administrator or Human Resource Professional
- New York State Participating Agency Health Benefits Administrator or Human Resource Professional
If you do not have access to HBA Online, please contact your agency's Data Access Officer (DAO) to request access.
To access HBA Online:
- Enter your HBA Online user ID (use lower case letters).
- Enter the assigned HBA Online password (use lower case letters).
You will be prompted to change your password after your first log-in.
If you enable cookies, the log-in procedure is only required once every 24 hours. Once you have entered your user ID and password, you will be allowed to access HBA Online directly without further authorization for 24 hours, provided that your user ID remains in the database. After 24 hours, you will need to log-in again.
If you are an authorized user of HBA Online and you are unable to log into your account, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 1-800-697-1323 or by email at email@example.com. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions about how to navigate or use HBA Online, please call the Employee Benefits Division Communications Unit at (518) 457-7577.
If you have questions about employee benefits or benefits administration, please contact the HBA Help Line at (518) 474-2780, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You must be an authorized user to access HBA Online. Unauthorized or improper use is strictly prohibited.