HBA OnLine is the Benefits Resource Center web site for New York State and participating Local Government Human Resource Professionals. HBA Online is a secure website that provides online employee benefits information and publications. Access requires a User ID and a Password.
New User Information:
If you do not have access to the HBA Online website, and if in your job, you work directly with health benefits as a
- New York State Agency Health Benefits Administrator or Human Resource Professional
- New York State Participating Employer (PE) Health Benefits Administrator or Human Resource Professional
- New York State Participation Agency (PA) Health Benefits Administrator or Human Resource Professional
contact your agency's Data Access Officer (DAO) to request access.
It's easy to sign on to HBA OnLine - on the sign on page:
USER ID: Enter your HBA OnLine User ID (use lower case letters)
PASSWORD: Enter assigned HBA OnLine Password (use lower case letters)
ENTER: Click on this button. You will be prompted to immediately change your password after logging on successfully.
If you enable cookies, the sign-on procedure is only required once every 24 hours. Once you have entered your User ID and Password, you will be allowed to access HBA OnLine directly without further authorization for 24 hours, providing your User ID remains in the database. After 24 hours, follow the above sign-on procedure again. Bookmark the website address for easy access.
- If you have trouble signing on to HBA OnLine or you cannot remember the answer to your security question you will need to contact the ITS Enterprise Service Desk at 1-800-422-3671 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to recover your password. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- If you have questions about how HBA OnLine works or how to navigate through the site, click on the Contact Us button on the homepage or call the Employee Benefits Division Communications Unit at (518) 457-7577.
- As always, when you have questions about benefits contact the HBA Help Line at (518) 474-2780, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- You must be an authorized user to access HBA Online. Any unauthorized use constitutes fraud.