General Mailing Address:
Please Note: We do not have a numbered street address for mailing purposes. Please use the mailing address below:
NYS Department of Civil Service
Albany, NY 12239
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
518-457-2487 | 1-877-NYS-JOBS (1-877-697-5627)
The Department of Civil Service’s Employee Benefits Division sees employees and retirees by appointment only. You can also find answers to questions about your specific health care plan on our webpage for retirees or current State or local government employees.
If you have questions about your health care coverage or require an in-person appointment, please call 518-457-5754 or if you are calling from outside the Albany area you may use our toll free number: 1-800-833-4344.
Once you have an appointment, you may visit the Employee Benefits Division at:Empire State Plaza
Swan Street Building (Core 1) First Floor
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Monday thru Friday - excluding official State holidays).
While State examination notices are available under our Job Seekers page, we do offer paper alternatives in the lobby area at the address noted above in the Swan Street Building. You may also request mailed notices by calling: 518-457-2487 | 1-877-NYS-JOBS (1-877-697-5627).
- Public Information Office
- 518-457-9375 — Media contacts, FOIL requests and general information
- Outreach and Information Centers
- Outreach offices are located across the state to provide information on State employment opportunities and the Civil Service process.
- Employee Health Service
- 55 Mohawk Street
Cohoes, NY 12047
Office Hours — 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Employee Suggestion Program
- 518-457-9375 — email@example.com
- Examination Contact Information
- Eligible list information, exam announcements and exam arrangements
- Health Insurance and Employee Benefits Contact Information
- For active and retired NYS employees or active and retired employees of a local government participating in NYSHIP.
- Municipal Civil Service
- For general questions related to municipal civil service issues
- Workers with Disabilities Program (55-b/c Programs)
- 1-866-297-4356 — firstname.lastname@example.org