Welcome. Rewarding careers in Public Service start here. New York State employees serve more than 18 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. New York State offers comprehensive compensation packages, including excellent health and retirement benefits and family-friendly policies including flexible and alternate work schedules.
- Employment Opportunities with New York State Government
Examination announcements, current vacancies (including nursing positions),
promotion opportunities, featured programs, online examinations
- Employment Opportunities with New York State Local Governments
- Local examination announcements and contact information for careers with county, city, town, village or local school districts
- The Governor’s Program To Hire Individuals and Veterans With Disabilities
- The Recruitment Resources Center for the Governor's Program to Hire Individuals and Veterans with Disabilities provides a centralized location for eligible job seekers to submit up-to-date employment and contact information for consideration by State agencies filling entry-level positions.
- Veterans Temporary Hiring Program
- The Veterans Temporary Hiring Program Portal provides a centralized location for qualifying veterans to submit up-to-date employment and contact information for consideration by New York State agencies filling temporary positions.