Scheduled Examinations Open to All Qualified Individuals
These examinations are open to anyone who meets the minimum qualifications specified on an examination announcement. See the announcement(s) for details. You may apply for most examinations on-line or by using our paper application (form NYS-APP). See How to Apply on the respective announcement(s).
- Continuous Recruitment Examinations
- Applications for Continuous Recruitment examinations are accepted continuously, with no application deadline. Examinations are conducted for positions where there is an almost constant need for qualified individuals.
|Exam Number||Exam Title||Salary||Last Date to Apply||Non−Refundable Processing Fee|
|26-237||Junior Rent Examiner||$33,972||November 23, 2016||$25|
|26-234||Rent Examiner 1||$45,018||November 23, 2016||$35|
|26-129||Tax Technician Trainee 1||$36,246||November 23, 2016||$25|
|26-157||Utility Consumer Assistance Spec Tr/Utility Consumer Program Spec Tr (SL)||$37,998||November 23, 2016||$25*|
|26-156||Utility Consumer Assistance Specialist Tr/Utility Consumer Program Spec Tr||$37,998||November 23, 2016||$25*|
|*Fee may cover applications for multiple examinations. See examination announcement for details.|
Last Date To Apply
This is to advise you of a change that the Department of Civil Service will be implementing with respect to the application filing period for State civil service examinations beginning in Fall 2012. The application filing period will be 30 days for all promotion, transition, and open-competitive examinations.
This change to the application filing period, along with on-line posting of examination announcements and automatic e-mail notification of newly issued examination announcements, allows the Department to maintain a timely, high quality application review and to improve the efficiency of its test production schedule, while ensuring candidates have a sufficient and reasonable time in which to file an application for an examination.
Applications must be submitted on-line or postmarked no later than the date indicated in the Last Date to Apply column.
- You may obtain printed copies of our current announcements and applications (form NYS-APP) from NYS Civil Service Outreach & Information Centers.
- Special test arrangements will be made for Saturday religious observers and persons with a disability.
- Our announcements are subject to amendment or cancellation without notice.
- Do not copy them or post them to any other site, but link to the announcement or to this page instead.