Examinations Open to the Public
Open-competitive examinations are open to anyone who meets the qualifications listed on the examination announcement. You can apply for open-competitive examinations online. Each examination title listed below will take you to the relevant examination announcement, which provides information on how and where to apply.
Additional opportunities that do not require an examination may be available through the New York Hiring for Emergency Limited Placement Statewide (NY HELPS) Program. Information on the NY HELPS program is available on our website at: Hiring for Emergency Limited Placement. Candidates may find jobs filled through the NY HELPS program at StateJobsNY; click on “For the General Public”, then “Vacancies”, and enter “NY HELPS” in the search field.
Continuous Recruitment Examinations — applications for most continuous recruitment examinations are accepted anytime.
Tentative Examination Schedule — tentative schedule of upcoming examinations.
|Last Date to Apply
|Non−Refundable Processing Fee (Waivers available)
|Motor Equipment Storeskeeper
|March 20, 2024
|*Fee may cover applications for multiple examinations. See examination announcement for details.
Notes on Applying
- An application must be submitted online or postmarked by the last date to apply. See examination announcement for details.
- An application will not be accepted after the application filing deadline has passed.
- Testing accommodations will be made for the following reasons:
- Due to a religious observance or practice
- Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- Other accommodations - due to pregnancy, for nursing mothers, or for other circumstances that may impact your ability to be tested without accommodation
Examination announcements are subject to amendment or cancellation without notice.