Examinations Open to the Public
Open-competitive examinations are open to anyone who meets the qualifications listed on the examination announcement. You can apply for open-competitive examinations online. Each examination title listed below will take you to the relevant examination announcement, which provides information on how and where to apply.
COVID 19 Screening Procedures for Candidates - Test Center Safety Requirements and Pre-Screening Procedures for Civil Service Examination Candidates Appearing In-Person.
Continuous Recruitment Examinations — applications for most continuous recruitment examinations are accepted anytime.
Tentative Examination Schedule — tentative schedule of upcoming examinations.
|Exam Number||Exam Title||Salary||Last Date to Apply||Non−Refundable Processing Fee (Waivers available)|
|28-431||Budget Examiner||$59,038||September 22, 2021||$35|
|28-429||Correction Officer Trainee||$55,057||October 20, 2021||$35*|
|28-430||Correction Officer Trainee (Spanish Language)||$55,057||October 20, 2021||$35*|
|26-733||Early Intervention Specialist 1||$62,726||September 24, 2021||$40|
|26-734||Early Intervention Specialist 2||$73,284||September 24, 2021||$40|
|26-735||Early Intervention Specialist 3||$81,446||September 24, 2021||$45|
|26-736||Early Intervention Specialist 4||$90,375||September 24, 2021||$45|
|26-749||Historic Site Assistant||$41,953||September 24, 2021||$25|
|26-752||Historic Site Manager A||$73,284||September 24, 2021||$40|
|26-751||Historic Site Manager B||$66,052||September 24, 2021||$40|
|26-750||Historic Site Manager C||$56,604||September 24, 2021||$35|
|26-790||Interpretive Programs Assistant||$53,568||September 24, 2021||$35|
|*Fee may cover applications for multiple examinations. See examination announcement for details.|
Notes on Applying
- An application must be submitted online or postmarked by the last date to apply. See examination announcement for details.
- An application will not be accepted after the application filing deadline has passed.
- You may obtain printed copies of current announcements and applications at Civil Service Information and Outreach Locations.
- Testing accommodations will be made for the following reasons:
- Due to a religious observance or practice
- Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- Other accommodations - due to pregnancy, for nursing mothers, or for other circumstances that may impact your ability to be tested without accommodation
Examination announcements are subject to amendment or cancellation without notice.