Examinations Open to the Public
Open-competitive examinations are open to anyone who meets the qualifications listed on the examination announcement. You can apply for open-competitive examinations online. Each examination title listed below will take you to the relevant examination announcement, which provides information on how and where to apply.
COVID 19 Vaccination/Testing and Screening Guidelines for Candidates - COVID-19 Vaccination/Testing Policy and Screening Procedures for Civil Service Examination Candidates Appearing In-Person
Continuous Recruitment Examinations — applications for most continuous recruitment examinations are accepted anytime.
Tentative Examination Schedule — tentative schedule of upcoming examinations.
|Exam Number||Exam Title||Salary||Last Date to Apply||Non−Refundable Processing Fee (Waivers available)|
|26-798||Code Compliance Specialist 2||$79,325||June 01, 2022||$40|
|26-826||Fire Protection Specialist 1||$61,270||June 01, 2022||$35|
|26-825||Fire Protection Specialist Trainee 1||$46,529||June 01, 2022||$35|
|26-778||Tree Pruner Supervisor||$41,953||June 01, 2022||$25|
|*Fee may cover applications for multiple examinations. See examination announcement for details.|
Notes on Applying
- An application must be submitted online or postmarked by the last date to apply. See examination announcement for details.
- An application will not be accepted after the application filing deadline has passed.
- You may obtain printed copies of current announcements and applications at Civil Service Information and Outreach Locations.
- Testing accommodations will be made for the following reasons:
- Due to a religious observance or practice
- Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities
- Other accommodations - due to pregnancy, for nursing mothers, or for other circumstances that may impact your ability to be tested without accommodation
Examination announcements are subject to amendment or cancellation without notice.