Veterans Temporary Hiring Program
The Veterans Temporary Hiring Program provides veterans with access to temporary employment across New York State.
The Veterans Temporary Hiring Program Portal provides a centralized location for qualified veterans to submit employment and contact information for consideration by state agencies when filling temporary positions.
Agencies must use the Veterans Temporary Hiring Program rather than temporary employment service companies to identify and select qualified candidates for temporary appointments. Opportunities for temporary employment exist in a variety of titles.
For Frequently Asked Questions about the Veterans Temporary Hiring Program, visit the FAQ page.
Veterans are eligible if they have:
- Active duty service the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, or the Reserve Components of the Armed Forces of the United States or active military service as a member of the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, New York Guard, or New York Naval Militia; and
- Were honorably released from such service after September 11, 2001.
Veterans can use the portal to:
- Indicate interest in temporary employment opportunities
- Provide details on work and educational backgrounds
- Indicate job type and location preferences
- Upload a resume
- Upload a DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (a DD-214 can be requested through the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration)
- Update employment status
Access to the Veterans Temporary Hiring Program Portal is limited to veterans who meet program eligibility requirements.
You will need a personal NY.gov ID to access the information below. If you do not have a personal NY.gov ID, please create an account.
The Veterans Temporary Hiring Program Portal is the central database for state agencies to search for qualified veterans looking for temporary employment.
Access is limited to Human Resources professionals only.
- Email: VeteransTempHiring@cs.ny.gov
- Phone: (518) 485-6199