GENERAL INFORMATION BULLETIN No. 20-03
TO: Directors of Human Resources
FROM: Jian Paolucci, Director of Public Information
SUBJECT: Agency Notifications of HR Bulletins
DATE: June 23, 2020
Please be advised that the Department of Civil Service has transitioned to a new email notification system for the distribution of all HR bulletins and civil service examination announcements. This change is effective immediately.
As a courtesy, the Department of Civil Service has registered Directors of Human Resources to the following distribution lists to ensure timely receipt of important notifications that are published by the Department of Civil Service. You may manage your individual subscriber preferences here.
- Attendance and Leave Manual – This manual is the official source for Department of Civil Service policy regarding the Attendance Rules for Employees in New York State Departments and Institutions and any related provisions in law, rule, regulation or collective bargaining agreements. Material distributed will include Transmittal, Policy, and Advisory Memoranda.
- Classification Standards – Classification Standards illustrate the nature, extent, and scope of duties and responsibilities of the titles they describe. They include characteristics that differentiate one level from another level in a title series, along with related titles, and the minimum requirements for appointment to the titles they cover. New classification standards are periodically created, and existing ones are revised, as needed, by the Division of Classification and Compensation.
- Classification Policy Memoranda – Classification Policy Memoranda outline new or changes in policies or procedures related to classification and compensation, including salary differentials. In addition, news from the Division of Classification and Compensation, including upcoming training, are distributed to this list.
- State Personnel Management Manual – This manual is the official medium of the Department of Civil Service to issue personnel management policy and procedural statements. Material distributed will include Transmittal, Policy, and Advisory Memoranda.
- General Information Bulletins – General Information Bulletins provide informational and instructional guidance to State agencies as it relates to updates and modifications to existing Laws, Rules, and Regulations, changes to policy and practices, and implementation of new programs within the Department of Civil Service.
To ensure that Department of Civil Service updates are distributed to the proper individuals within your agency, please forward this notification to other relevant staff in your office(s). Individuals may subscribe to the notifications above and manage their account here.
In addition, if you are interested in receiving notifications of upcoming examination announcements, sign up here to be notified by email.
If you have any questions, please email the Public Information Office at PIO@cs.ny.gov.
Please be advised that replies to this address will not be read or answered.