Attendance and Leave Benefits
Leave benefits and Attendance Rules for employees in State departments and institutions.
The sources of leave benefits for classified service Executive branch State employees are as follows:
- The Attendance Rules for Employees in New York
- State Departments and Institutions, attendance and leave provisions of the collective bargaining agreements negotiated with State employee organizations
- Related laws, rules and regulations
Issued in 2023
- Advisory Memoranda No. 2023-04 pdf
- September 2023, Veterans’ Day—November 11, 2023
- Policy Bulletin No. 2023-03 pdf
- August 2023, Paid Parental Leave for PEF Employees
- Advisory Memoranda No. 2023-03 pdf
- July 2023, Designation of Floating Holidays in Lieu of Election Day and Lincoln's Birthday for Contract Year 2023 – 2024
- Transmittal Memorandum No. 49 pdf
- June 2023, 2024 Calendar of Legal Holidays and Days of Religious Significance
- Policy Bulletin No. 2023-02 pdf
- June 2023, Paid Parental Leave for CSEA Administrative Services Unit (ASU), Institutional Services Unit (ISU), Operational Services Unit (OSU) and Division of Military and Naval Affairs (DMNA) Employees
- Advisory Memoranda No. 2023-02 pdf
- March 2023, Memoranda of Understanding on Extension of Special Military Benefits and Post-Discharge Benefits through December 31, 2023
- Advisory Memoranda No. 2023-01 pdf
- February 2023, Special Holiday Waiver Memoranda of Understanding for Security Supervisors Unit (SSpU), Security Services Unit (SSU), and Agency Police Services Unit (APSU)
- Policy Bulletin No. 2023-01 pdf
- February 2023, Paid Parental Leave for M/C Employees
For memoranda and bulletins prior to 2019, please visit the Archived Memoranda and Bulletins page.
The calendar of legal holidays applies only to classified service employees in the Executive Branch who are subject to the Attendance Rules for Employees in State Departments and Institutions.
This manual is designed to assist State departments and agencies in the interpretation and application of the Attendance Rules for Employees in State Departments and Institutions, and the attendance and leave provisions of the agreements negotiated with State employee organizations.
Department of Civil Service
Attendance and Leave Unit
Albany, NY 12239
Phone: (518) 457-2295
Fax: (518) 486-2519