Attendance and Leave Benefits
The sources of leave benefits for classified service Executive branch State employees are the Attendance Rules for Employees in New York State Departments and Institutions, attendance and leave provisions of the collective bargaining agreements negotiated with State employee organizations, and related laws, rules and regulations.
The State Attendance and Leave Manual is the official published description of the manner in which leave benefits are to be administered.
Memoranda of special note, recent memoranda and bulletins on attendance and leave issues, and calendars of legal holidays can be found on this page.
Questions regarding attendance and leave issues may be directed to (518) 457-2295.
The online New York State Attendance and Leave Manual is now available.
- Advisory Memorandum No. 2017-02, Special Holiday Waiver Memoranda of Understanding for Security Supervisors Unit (SSpU), Security Services Unit (SSU), and Agency Police Services Unit (APSU)
- Advisory Memorandum No. 2017-01, Memoranda of Understanding on Extension of Special Military Benefits and Post-Discharge Benefits through December 31, 2017
- Policy Bulletin No. 2016-02, Implementation of the Productivity Enhancement Program for 2017
- Policy Bulletin No. 2016-01, Restoration of Leave Accruals for Employees with a Schedule Loss of Use (SLU) Award
- Transmittal Memorandum No. 42, 2017 Calendar of Legal Holidays and Days of Religious Significance
- Advisory Memorandum No. 2016-04, Designation of Floating Holidays in Lieu of Election Day and Lincoln's Birthday for Contract Year 2016–2017
- Policy Bulletin No. 2015-01, FMLA Notification Regarding Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave (Family and Medical Leave Act)