Attendance and Leave Benefits
Leave benefits and Attendance Rules for employees in State departments and institutions.
The sources of leave benefits for classified service Executive branch State employees are as follows:
- The Attendance Rules for Employees in New York
- State Departments and Institutions, attendance and leave provisions of the collective bargaining agreements negotiated with State employee organizations
- Related laws, rules and regulations
Issued in 2022
- Policy Bulletin No. 2022-02 pdf
- March 2022, Attendance and Leave Items – 2019 – 2023 State-PEF Negotiated Agreement and Changes to Management Confidential (M/C) – Bereavement and Family Sick Leave Benefit
- Advisory Memorandum No. 2022-02 pdf
- February 2022, Memoranda of Understanding on Extension of Special Military Benefits and Post-Discharge Benefits through December 31, 2022
- Advisory Memorandum No. 2022-01 pdf
- February 2022, Special Holiday Waiver Memoranda of Understanding for Security Supervisors Unit (SSpU), Security Services Unit (SSU), and Agency Police Services Unit (APSU)
- Policy Bulletin No. 2022-01 pdf
- January 2022, Paid Leave for Civil Air Patrol Volunteers
For memoranda and bulletins prior to 2019, please visit the Archived Memoranda and Bulletins page.
The calendar of legal holidays applies only to classified service employees in the Executive Branch who are subject to the Attendance Rules for Employees in State Departments and Institutions.
This manual is designed to assist State departments and agencies in the interpretation and application of the Attendance Rules for Employees in State Departments and Institutions, and the attendance and leave provisions of the agreements negotiated with State employee organizations.
Department of Civil Service
Attendance and Leave Unit
Albany, NY 12239
Phone: (518) 457-2295
Fax: (518) 486-2519