Attendance and Leave Benefits
Leave benefits and Attendance Rules for employees in State departments and institutions.
The sources of leave benefits for classified service Executive branch State employees are as follows:
- The Attendance Rules for Employees in New York
- State Departments and Institutions, attendance and leave provisions of the collective bargaining agreements negotiated with State employee organizations
- Related laws, rules and regulations
Memoranda of Special Note
Memoranda and Bulletins
Issued in 2023
- Advisory Memoranda No. 2023-02 pdf
- March 2023, Memoranda of Understanding on Extension of Special Military Benefits and Post-Discharge Benefits through December 31, 2023
- Advisory Memoranda No. 2023-01 pdf
- February 2023, Special Holiday Waiver Memoranda of Understanding for Security Supervisors Unit (SSpU), Security Services Unit (SSU), and Agency Police Services Unit (APSU)
- Policy Bulletin No. 2023-01 pdf
- February 2023, Paid Parental Leave
For memoranda and bulletins prior to 2019, please visit the Archived Memoranda and Bulletins page.
Calendars of Legal Holidays
The calendar of legal holidays applies only to classified service employees in the Executive Branch who are subject to the Attendance Rules for Employees in State Departments and Institutions.
Attendance and Leave Manual
This manual is designed to assist State departments and agencies in the interpretation and application of the Attendance Rules for Employees in State Departments and Institutions, and the attendance and leave provisions of the agreements negotiated with State employee organizations.
Department of Civil Service
Attendance and Leave Unit
Albany, NY 12239
Phone: (518) 457-2295
Fax: (518) 486-2519