Cookies are simple text files stored on your web browser to provide a means of distinguishing among users of this site. To better serve you, we occasionally use "cookies" to enhance or customize your visit to this site. Cookies that can be created automatically on the device you use to access this state agency website do not contain personal information and do not compromise your privacy or security. We may use the cookie feature to store a randomly generated identifying tag on the device you use to access this website.
The software and hardware you use to access the website allows you to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Refusing or deleting these cookies will limit your ability to take advantage of some features of this site. For example, you will not be able to apply for Civil Service examinations without enabling cookies. Also, without enabling cookies, when you select your employee group and health benefits plan to view your group-specific health insurance benefits, you will be required to re-select your employee group and plan each time you move into the health benefits section of the website or re-visit the site from the same device at another time.
To check if your cookies are enabled:
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu at the top.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Make sure the slider is not set to “Block All Cookies”. Set the option to “Medium,” then click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
To allow cookies for certain websites such as the NYS Online website, do the following:
- Select Internet Options, from the Tools menu at the top.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Click on the "Sites" button for websites.
- Enter "https://www.cs.ny.gov" into the "Address of website:" field.
- Click on the “Allow” button.
- Click on the OK to close the “Per Site Privacy Actions” window.
- Click on the “Advanced” button.
- If “Override automatic cookie handling” is checked, make sure “Accept” is selected for both “First-party cookies” and “Third-party cookies”.
- Click on the OK to close the “Advanced Privacy Options” window.
- Finally click on the OK to close the “Internet Options” window.
- From the top right of the browser select the dropdown Edit menu and choose Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- Under History Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies
- From the top right of the browser select the dropdown Edit menu , and select Settings
- From the bottom of the page select Show advanced settings
- From the Privacy Section select the Content Settings Tab
- Select the radial button Allow local data to be set (recommended)