Employee Suggestion Program
The New York State Employee Suggestion Program accepts suggestions that are unusual or meritorious in nature and result in significant cost savings to the State's taxpayers and/or dramatically improve efficiency.
Guidelines:(Below are guidelines for the program. Your suggestion will be evaluated for eligibility based on, but not limited to, the criteria explained below).
- You must be a current State employee or retiree
- Your suggestion must be original
- Your suggestion must result in significant cost savings and/or promote a major efficiency or dramatically increase the effectiveness of State government
- Your suggestion should not rely on changes to collective bargainings
- Your suggestion should not impose new taxes or fees
- Your suggestion should not simply address normal health and safety practices
- Your suggestion will not be accepted if implemented more than one year ago by your agency or another agency
- Your suggestion should not propose making minor changes to databases; i.e., adding or deleting fields or creating or changing a data report
- Your suggestion should not require direct deposit of payroll checks or travel reimbursement checks
- Your suggestion should not be an application or expansion of an existing initiative, i.e. elimination of a paper document that can be posted on-line or some expansion of translation services
- Your suggestion should not propose the creation of a brochure or informational flyer