The Public Information Office (PIO) is the central office for communication at the New York State Department of Civil Service. We lead the effort to promote Department programs, communicate issues, facilitate answers and share accomplishments with the public and the media.
In addition, we also coordinate responses to inquiries under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL).
Contact the Public Information OfficeNYS Department of Civil Service
Albany, NY 12239
Phone: 518- 457-9375
Fax: 518- 473-2372
Reporters and members of the media: Please call the Public Information Office at 518-457-9375.
- Email a FOIL Request to the Department of Civil Service
- List of Records()
- FAQs about the Freedom of Information Act
- Qualified Personal Service Contracts (QPSC)
- Employee Benefits Division Contracts - Public Documents
- Agency Contracts - Public Documents
- Committee on Open Government
- View New York State Eligible Lists and related information
- Additional information on eligible lists.
- Publications issued by the Department of Civil Service. Topics include State careers, workers with disabilities programs, improvements to the State civil service system, as well as background on the nationally known Civil Service Mural.
- Applications/Forms Used by General Public
Civil Service Laws and Rules
New York Codes, Rules, and Regulations (NYCRR)
- The complete unofficial NYCRR is now available online.