ARS Online Manual
- Overview Of ARS
- Report An Incident
- Access Your Worklist
- Send FROI (C-2)
- Manage Your Claims
- Update Incident Information
- View / Print ARS Reports
- View Broadcast Messages
- View Smart Codes
- Agency Location Changes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- News and Release Updates
The C-256.2 form is used to notify the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) of periods of time that your agency paid or did not pay an employee during periods of workers' compensation disability. NYSIF then uses this information to issue a credit to the State's workers' compensation policy or issue a payment to the employee.
Examples of the periods of time that the employer pays or does not pay the employee during periods of disability includes:
- the waiting period where the employee charges leave credits;
- controverted claims where the employee charges leave credits or was on leave without pay;
- periods of time in which the employee incorrectly charged leave credits but was actually disabled due to a workers' compensation incident;
- any period of time for employees covered by leave at full-pay for workers compensation absences such as the Security Services, Security Supervisors, and other covered units; and
- any period of time in which the employee received sick leave at half-pay during periods of workers' compensation absences.
In cases where an employee charged leave credits during periods of workers' compensation disability, they are only entitled to a restoration of leave credits upon receipt of a state credit from NYSIF. This makes the submission of the C-256.2 form necessary to receive a credit. Personnel Administrators will receive notice of a credit on a C8 EMP form received within their worklist.
The C-256.2 should be filed as soon as the employee returns to work or changes payroll status. The agency does not need to wait for a determination from the Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) or New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF).
Do not complete a C-256.2 form for periods of lost time in which NYSIF has already made payments to the employee.
As of August 2016, the C-256.2 form is no longer completed in ARS.
The NYS Division of Budget (DOB) issued new requirements via Budget Bullentin G-250, the new instructions for completing the C-256.2 form can be found on DOB's website: